Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Black Bean Brownies


I found this recipe and I just have to try it after the great success of my diet cola cupcakes, which Darryl declared the best cupcakes he's ever had (4 points). For the brownies, you buy a box of brownie mix and a can of black beans. Rinse the beans and the can, then pour them back into the can, then fill the can with water to cover the beans. Pour the water and beans into a blender and puree. Mix with dry brownie mix and bake as directed.


I hear these come out magically fudgily delicious and are only 2 points! Darryl is the biggest brownie connoisseur I know, so I'm going to try and pass these off when he comes back from skiing. The beans add extra protein, fiber, and moisture.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Be sure to let us know how that works out!

Princess Selina said...

hmmm...this sounds interesting. You'll have to post about how this adventure turns out! =)

Alexis said...

Hmmm...i'm intrigued!

Have you tried making chocolate cupcakes with a box of mix and can of pumpkin (and like a 1/4 or 1/3 cup of water)? Delish! And 2 or 3 points, can't remember.

Lauren said...

I gave up chocolate for Lent, and then I came to your blog. So mean. Haha.

Jenny.Lee said...

What an interesting idea. I'll have to try these out.