Monday, April 13, 2009

Caterer Bill

I was looking over my catering bill today and noticed it was a lot higher than I was expecting. This is because I had to rent 130 chairs for our outdoor ceremony. If we have it in my dream chapel, then between rental and setup fees, I can cut like $700 out of my budget. Argh. We now have 119 guests (but one of those is a little toddler and can sit on a lap) and I anticipate 5 more to respond putting us at 124 not counting D and myself. If it's wrong to do a fist pump in the air in celebration of someone sending their regrets, then I don't want to be right.

In other news, I put on my Seven for All Mankind jeans that I bought when I was 21 years old. They slid on pretty easily and are 100 percent cotton (no spandex to cheat ladies). Granted, when I bought them they were a bit big on me and they are pretty snug through the thigh, but I'll still consider it a victory. The only complaint? Apparently when I was 21 I liked REALLY low rise jeans. Crack much?

1 comment:

Alexis said...

How are you thinking of setting the chapel up? Are you thinking extra chairs at the end of the pews? We only had 65. You can look at my bio page to see what that looked like -- there's a picture that kinda shows everyone from the back. Do you have a big music set up that will eat up some space? I just love that chapel so much, i want you to get married there!

As for the flowers, glad to inspire! If i had to do it over again, i would have asked for more texture in the bouquets -- they suggested it, but i really wanted the single flower look. I liked it with the wood vases but some were prettier than others (the ranunculas, which i have pictures posted of, were gorgeous). I think more variation and texture would have been prettier.