Thursday, April 2, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Pops

My friend Maria sent me a belated shower gift, popsicle molds! I was so excited that within 24 hours I had these bad boys filled with a WW friendly treat. Darryl, who told me homemade popsicles are "gross" and "why did I register for them" will soon be singing another tune. I let him eat the "batter" while I was mixing it and he retracted his comments because he'd "never seen popsicles made that way before."

Here's the recipe, it's a modified version of the one on the WW site:

  • 1 cup plain fat free yogurt
  • 1 bag of frozen strawberries, 16 oz
  • 1/2 cup fat free condensed milk
  • 6 teaspoons of Splenda
  • 1 capful of vanilla extract

6-8 pops at 2 pts each. I only had molds for 6 pops, but I probably could have made 2 more. Darryl ate the leftovers unfrozen :).

3 comments:

Christy said...

the men gotta start listening to the women. Popsicle molds are brilliant!!

Alexis said...

ooh, fun! Where did you get these popsicle molds? I was looking for some and found them at BB & B but they're star shaped and awkward.

Amanda said...

Yum. It sounds so good it makes me want to buy popsicle molds. I used to love those things as a kid! Especially the ones that had a "catch-all" at the bottom for your juice that melted and a straw to suck it all up... oh the joys of childhood!

Curious, where are your molds from?