Monday, September 21, 2009

Devastation Station

Allow me to introduce you to what used to be my favorite heels. I got them in 2007 at the outlet mall. They were Nine West, nautical, nice and tall and plenty comfortable, a rare combination. So I wore them today with my fab Banana wrap dress. Lately, I've really been into the neutral colored shoe to elongate the legs, I cannot tell you how much I loved these shoes. Yes, it was a little late in the year for nautical shoes (could be too summery) but it's still plenty hot here and they were cute.


I made the mistake of kicking them off by the back door and then falling asleep after work. Guess what I found in Petey's bed...


Since the stack heel is damaged, I'm pretty sure these can't be repaired, I'll try I suppose, but it doesn't look good. Anyone have experience with this sort of shoe repair? Can anyone recommend another fabulous neutral pair of pumps that are under $120 to fill this void in my shoe rack? So devastated, that I went to OldNavy.com and bought tons of stuff. At least it was all on sale, we'll see if I don't return most of it when I'm in a better mood. So depressed.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Go to Austin Shoe Hospital, they do wonders!

Janet said...

I'm with Christy, Austin Show Hospital is the best place in Austin to go to. . .not sure how much wallet-damage it will be.

Amanda @ Bits and Pieces said...

Oh no!! Take them to a cobbler and see what they say. Maybe they have a faux wrap that will look similar? I love doing the "I'm rich and can buy whatever I want (not really)" on-line shopping, knowing that I have to return it all when I get it... feels good for the time being!

Kate said...

I am OBSESSED with my AK Anne Klein "Happy" neutral shoes! I wear them ALL THE TIME! I got them off of Piperlime about 6 mo ago and it looks like they only have a 10 left... but I've seen them elsewhere - maybe you can hunt them down?

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=19867&vid=1&pid=635222&scid=635222002

Sorry about your originals though! I hate it when my favorite shoes wear out, etc!

for the love said...

You can definitely get that repaired at any shoe repair shop. It happens to my Nine West pumps all the time. Not sure what they charge in your area, but in my area it's typically under $10. Good luck!