Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Deck the Halls Y'all!

Here are some photos of our Christmas decorations. On the mantle, my mother sent us these fab stockings from Crate & Barrel. I adore the little snow dog ones for the pups. I'm hoping the matching tree skirt goes on sale after the holidays, because $70 for a tree skirt? Highway robbery. Note the packages on the mantle, we had to put the dogs' squeaky toys and Darryl's gift of summer sausage and cheese for his dad up there, lest we come home and find 2 terriers, stuffing all over the room, with a belly full of Pepperidge Farms, lying on the couch.







This is our tree, I wasn't that impressed with it, but I think I did a bang up job decorating it, Charlie Brown would have been proud. Note that the star is perpetually off kilter. Inevitably, once or twice a week, one of the dogs will ram the tree, sending ornaments flying, and knocking the star off kilter. I've given up.



And here's Darryl's attempt to garland the flat screen. Ignore my dressing mirror awkwardly sitting next to the TV....it doesn't belong there. Anyways, hope you are enjoying your Christmas week!

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Too cute!! And that is exactly what my dogs would do, too...

The Waspy Redhead said...

I think I have the same star on my tree! I ended up using some paperclips to wire it on more securely and to keep it straight.

Merry Christmas!

Jill said...

when i realized our (hopefully) new house wasn't going to have a fireplace and mantle i yelled noooooo. i want to put up super cute stockings like those! i'm envious.