Monday, March 15, 2010

Mexican Fish

(I failed to take a photo of my concoction, so you get a photo of this guy instead)

Tonight I made our favorite fish recipe, from Sara Snow.  I'm a huge fan of her show on Discovery Health.  I made a few small alterations and served it with my Mexican brown rice.


-Take 2 tilapia filets, sprinkle with salt and pepper, place on a foil lined baking sheet, preheat the broiler
-Spoon green salsa over fish
-Lay a thin piece of queso blanco or queso fresco over the salsa covered fish
-Slice up a Roma tomato, lay slices on top of cheese
-Slice up an avocado, lay half of slices on each fish, around the tomatoes
-Sprinkle with salt and habanero sauce 


Broil for 5-10 minutes (check on it, make sure it doesn't burn).  Ole!  Dinner is served!  Now to convince the hubs to section a grapefruit for me for dessert.  I have never sectioned a grapefruit.  I set out to learn one time but sliced it in half the wrong way and gave up instantly.  Now my mom and my husband have to do it for me.  Not even ashamed.

2 comments:

Miss M! said...

That picture made me laugh!

hiero said...

sectioning's not hard at all, if you can hold a knife, you should be able to section without issue!