Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Running Fail and Things to Put in Your iPod Whilst Tearing Holes in Your Feets

Tonight I did my 2.5 miles, I was staying loose, hanging tough, feeling good.  Like I could go all the way to 5k even though I wasn't planning to go that far and at a faster pace than usual.  Then around mile 1.75 I started feeling chafing in my left arch.  Since I was running on the treadmill and was too stupid, lazy, etc to stop and adjust my shoe, I got a nice blister right on my arch. 

I run with custom made orthotics and I think the one in my left shoe slipped forward, not sure what happened, same shoes and socks I've had for a year, same orthotics I've had for like 12 years.  So I called my friend Kristen who is the best runner I know for advice.  I think I'm going to stick to my training plan but hunt down some Spyroflex at REI before my next run scheduled on Friday.  Hopefully they have some, last time I went, they were out and I had to special order it from some backpacking shop in effing Utah.

So in case you were wondering what's blasting in my headphones while I rip my feet to shreds, here's my recent play list:

Major Tom-Shiny Toy Guns
Don't Stop Believing-Glee Soundtrack
Cappuccino-The Knux
Carry Out-Timbaland and Justin Timberlake
Hard-Rihanna
Evacuate the Dancefloor-Cascadia
Bulletproof-La Roux
Stronger-Kanye West
Crazy Bitch-Buckcherry
Wheels-Foo Fighters
Do You Remember-Jack Johnson

Try it out, I think you'll enjoy it!

5 comments:

rena said...

At least you're getting back out and running - and thanks for more inspiration on my ipod whilst working out, I love "Bulletproof!"

Jen said...

carry out is such a fabulous song.

Vic said...

Digging the tunes, man... and I hope your foot is okay!

Mrs. B said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. :)

And I must say, there's something about Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" song that makes it a fantastic running song. It is on a running playlist of mine as well.

hiero said...

Nice! I love shiny toy guns! you should check out mumm-ra, I think you'd really like that band... actually, let me send you a selection or two, remind me next time you catch me online