Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Running, I Miss You, Love, Kelly

I have not been running.  I've been getting my cardio from swimming, it's too dang hot, but come October 1st, it's game on for running.  Here's what I'm so excited about, new kicks!  I bought new running shoes back when I first took up running in 2008.  They say you're supposed to change them out every 300-400 miles.  I don't really keep track and it seems like a terrible waste, but I would say it's about time for a replacement pair.  Sad though, those shoes have carried me through so much, it's like retiring a pair of old friends. Looking forward to cooler weather so I can start with my Saturday morning trail runs again! 
I also need to invest in a One More Mile shirt for race days.  I always end up behind one in races and they crack me up and sum up my sentiments EXACTLY.



My personal favorite: "Dear God, please let there be someone behind me to read this."
On the back it says "If you can read this, it means I'm not last". 

Longhorn football, cooler weather, running the trail, Halloween, sweaters, dressing little doggies up in cable knit sweaters, hanging around the house in jeans and an old sweatshirt or flannel shirt, pumpkin spice latte runs to Starbucks, pleasant hikes in the hill country with my husband!  What am I forgetting?


1 comment:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

Love the shoes, and my sentiments exactly about Fall approaching- I think I'm almost ready!