Tuesday, March 1, 2011

MIA

Ooof.  This is a busy time of the year for me for work.  This weekend, I'm presenting for the second year in a row in front of many of my colleague's at my company's technical seminar in Denver.  And that's not all.  Long hours late at night on the work laptop for work deliverables, field work, etc.  So let's just hit the high points of the last 7 days, shall we?  Perhaps more explanation is in order for some of these bullet items, you tell me.  In the last 7 days I have:
  • Eaten at the City Market in Luling.  Ate about a pound of BBQ 2 days in a row.  Coworker had to slap my hand away from me grabbing at a bag of peanut brittle and might have exclaimed "you just ate a pound of meat, stop!".
  • Consumed laxative tea.  See item above, one pound of meat, 2 days in a row.  Holy hell. 
  • Worked in the field for 2 days.  I got tired of carrying things around and it was raining, so I just started stuffing my equipment into my reflective safety vest as I walked around the site.  Might have pretended I was pregnant.  In the oil fields.  With an H2S meter also strapped to my vest.  You know where pregnant ladies belong?  Standing over a poisonous gas line in an oil field.  I wish someone had driven by....
  • Got dirty looks from the Luling locals as I waltzed around their town in camo snake chaps and a Louis Vuitton purse.  I will because I can, bitches. 
  • Was assured by friends that "Scotch doesn't really give you a hangover."
  • Attended a friend's wedding shower.  With a Scotch hangover.  Assholes.
  • Got the dogs new toys.  New toys instigated fighting amongst the dogs, Ginger is possessive and attacked Petey.  Now to teach her that all the toys are ultimately mine, I carry around a plush broccoli shaped dog toy.  I stand over it while I'm cooking or getting ready in the morning.  If she comes too close I yell at her MINE!  I am demonstrating that I'm the pack leader and it's my toy.  I have lost my damn mind. 
  • Swam some laps after a long hiatus from swimming.
  • Took a drug test.
  • Took a breathalyzer.  (Unrelated to the Scotch incident, blew 0.000, thankyouverymuch).
  • Successfully made bread that does not suck so bad the dogs won't eat it (Ziegenbock cheddar bread).
That's about it for now.  Now I practice my presentation and start packing for the mile high city!

No comments: