Monday, July 11, 2011

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller said it best. I owe you guys the recap of the last 3 days of our Italy trip but here's a brief summary of what's been going on in my life lately.




  • I've taken to going to boot camp with my dog Ginger. She gets so tuckered out!

  • I'm learning to smoke meats. So far I've smoked 2 racks of ribs, a chicken, and a half a pound of almonds. I'm getting better each time, but on Sundays until further notice, my hair pretty much smells like mesquite.


  • I spearheaded my company preparing a meal at the local Ronald McDonald House. I've also been doing other fundraisers at the office. I made Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls for the fundraiser. And they were glorious.





  • I had a fabulous bachelorette party weekend with bride to be Lyra. We had a nightcap at the W hotel and probably narrowly missed being crushed by falling plates of glass.



  • Ginger killed a possum in the back yard. Here she is, quarantined in the bathtub while we bathe possum off her. I found her with it in the yard, screamed my head off at 11:30 PM for Darryl, who had to put the poor creature out of its misery while I checked Ginger all over for broken skin or possum rabies (she was fine).



Basically, I've been enjoying my summer and living life to the fullest! Hopefully I'll slowdown a bit and take some photos of my happenings for the blog!

No comments: