Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Blame My Lack Of Blogging on the Heat

So we've switched to radio silence on this blog lately.  There are a number of factors at play here, but I think the main one is I cannot...freaking handle....the heat ANYMORE!  I've been off doing all sorts of things, like girls weekends in New Orleans or family beach weekends at Port Aransas.  Things that would make fabulous blog fodder.  But I don't think I've taken a single photo this summer, mostly because I'm quasi paralyzed by the triple digit heat which we are on track for reaching the 70 consecutive day mark this week. 

I AM SO DONE WITH YOU WEATHER!  I've pushed through all summer, found ways to beat the heat like gardening in the shade, sipping lemonade, jumping into Barton Springs 4th of July weekend, but I'm officially tapped out.  I tried to hike 3 miles yesterday morning and nearly barfed 3 times.  Ginger was huddled under the park bench panting and I thought I was going to have to carry her back to the car (but then I started to wonder who would carry ME back to the car).  Then I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch watching the Back to the Future trilogy while trying to replenish the electrolytes in my system. 

I no longer want to cook because it makes my house too hot.  I used to enjoy smoking meat on the grill but can't stand the thought of smokey meats in this heat, and frankly I don't even want to eat because I'm too busy sweating.  I have quit doing things on the weekend because I can't stand leaving my house to go places in this weather.  So until September rolls around, I'll be huddled on my couch in the cool air conditioning until further notice....

2 comments:

The Waspy Redhead said...

Amen. I haven't blogged in years, and its because of the heat. The heat, 70 hour work weeks for months on end, and my personal mission to watch all of Lost before grad school starts again.

Ashok Singh's Blog said...

I like your blog, it interesting. I love to post blogging.

_________________________

loss adjuster.