Monday, March 12, 2012

My Current Faves

Hey look, a post not about babies or pregnancy or diabetes!  For my birthday D gave me a gift card to Sephora and I finally got around to cashing it in.  Actually, I had to obsess and pour over all the goodies on the website before I finally came to a decision.  The first item is the Naked 2 Palette from Urban Decay.  I actually considered buying this as a hostess gift for my baby shower hostesses, I think it's so great, but I think makeup is such a personal item, I thought that might be a little weird.
So you get all these great neutrals, a double ended brush for shadow and your crease plus a travel size Lip Junkie in Naked.  Using the palette to do my eye makeup is pretty much the highlight of my morning routine, it's so much fun to experiment with the different color combinations, using them as shadows, crease colors, brow bone highlighters, and eye liners.  Playing with makeup should be fun and this is definitely fun coming up with some conservative combinations for work and some bolder combos at night.  The lip gloss looked really dark but it actually is very flattering on.

My other favorite is the Laura Mercier foundation primer in radiance.  I'm not the type of girl that typically wears foundation primer on a daily basis, it just makes my face feel too heavy, but I love this stuff.  I was skeptical about this product.  I mean, radianceReally?  But Sephora has a good return policy so I saved the box.  And what do you know, people keep telling me, literally, how radiant I look.  It's happened twice now actually.  They chalk it up to pregnancy.  I disagree, I think pregnancy makes me look like I've been beaten by an ugly stick and left for dead with dark circles under my eyes and crazy lady hair and weird dark spots on my face.  I feel lucky most mornings if I can get enough makeup on my face and my hair done enough to be presentable for work.  But then again 30 consecutive weeks of morning sickness will do that to you, so you know, you do what you can and having makeup toys you're super excited to use helps!

So there you go, if you're looking for some new makeup splurges, check these out!

No comments: