Came home from work and gleefully packed my new gym bag, procured from the Vera Bradley's website half off sale. Normally I think that stuff is grossly overpriced but I have a purse from there that I use to travel and I find the use of pockets and washability of them makes up for the fact that they look like my grandma's quilt. Plus the whole 50% off thing putt them right at the price point that I think they should be to begin with.
So I opened the box and before stuffing it full of my gym goodies, I did what every normal pet owner does, stuffed Ginger in it and walked around the house with her.
So Friday night we went to dinner with a coworker and his wife and then they came back to the house to see our fabulous new kitchen and have a few drinks.
Saturday
The next morning I had an 8:30 hair appointment, which was lovely and relaxing. I got to sit and sip my coffee while reading Such A Pretty Fat (Jen Lancaster is my new literary obsession, but that's for another post) while my hair processed. Then I ran up to the jeweler to get my ring inspected and cleaned followed by a brief jaunt to a nearby farmers market. It's so hot, there's not a lot interesting going on in the way of produce, but I was more interested in the meat. I came away with a couple of steaks, some snapper fillets, and some vegan mushroom tamales which I ate for lunch. After some chores around the house and a trip to the gym we headed to a friends housewarming party.
Sunday
We slept in until 11, which is uncharacteristic for us, but felt so good because we've had to get up early most recent weekends. I cooked us up some lunch and we went to Home Depot to grab a couple things for the house and get some gardening supplies. We filled our afternoon with me turning over one of my garden beds (1 down, 2 to go) and planting it full of flower seeds. I planted cornflowers, cosmos, zinnias, and baby's breath. I'm hoping for a nice fall cutting garden. I also ordered some stock and snapdragon seeds due to come in next week that I'll add to the mix. I absolutely love having the ability to cut my own flowers and make my own bouquets just from things I have growing in my own back yard.
Afterwards I helped Darryl groom Petey. We decided to attempt to groom our dog ourselves. Cairns are a tricky breed and while we may have saved ourselves $50, it was time consuming and he looks pretty stupid. Especially since I cut one side of his face shorter than the other, now he looks like a goofy Picasso painting with a crooked face or something. And to make matters worse, we nicked his ear, though I think I was more traumatized than him from the whole experience, plus we still have to pay someone to trim his nails. I draw the line at cutting nails. Anyways, I'm sure we'd get better with more practice and his fur grows out extremely fast, but I don't think we'll do that again. Plus coming in soaked in sweat from working in the garden to grooming a dog was a recipe for dog fur stuck all over my sweaty legs.
Sunday night I made a batch of my turkey artichoke stuffed shells with spicy marinara sauce and put them in the freezer to have on hand for nights where I didn't feel like cooking or hadn't been to the grocery store. For dinner we grilled one of the steaks that I bought at the farmers market, it was a great steak, I highly recommend 6J ranch.

2 comments:
'clingon' is hilarious! My little shih tzu used to have clingon's all the time. Luckily new puppy keeps his pristine as well.
I'm with you on the VB - I LOVE it and try to grab it when it is on sale. Cute bag! I love that pattern.
We used Presidential Limo. It was a flat $130, including champagne and gratuity, from the airport to Mirage. 14 passenger SUV limo.
Post a Comment