One thing I failed to mention in my last post was that as we strolled back from dinner and gelato, I felt like my stomach was having some digestive issues. I chalked it up to heartburn as we retired for the evening. Then in the wee hours of the morning....it began. Food poisoning.
I use that term loosely, Darryl and I ate all the same things and HE didn't feel the slightest bit ill. I however managed to have the colon cleanse to end all colon cleanses interspersed by bidet vomiting. You know what's handy? A bidet to vomit in. I saw the contents of last night's dinner in reverse as I yacked it into the bidet. And then I turned on the water and neatly rinsed it out. How convenient. How Euro of me to vomit my hazelnut gelato into a bidet?
By 10 AM the day was starting to slip away and I was no closer to making it farther than eyesight distance from the bathroom. So I convinced Darryl that there was not much else he could do for me and to go alone to Capri. So thus I spent this day of my trip weak, slipping in and out of sleep. My goal for the day? Consume a banana and a bottle of water and keep it down by the time Darryl returned.
 |
| This is the boat Darryl took to Capri. Or it was Ralph Lauren's yacht. He saw that too. |
 |
| Rocks and blue water and stuff. |
 |
| Darryl on Capri |
 |
| The chairlift. That I didn't get to ride. ::sigh:: |
So Darryl came back and showed me all his photos and videos and regaled me with his tales of travel. I told him that I managed to shower while he was gone. I didn't mention that it was huddled up in a ball sitting on the floor of the shower. So sick.
 |
| Me and my chamomile tea |
So he helped me get dressed and walk a short distance to the closest possible cafe.
 |
| Darryl's pizza, I couldn't look at the food on the other side of the table, made me queasy. |
 |
| Minestrone, cures what ails ya. |
I had my tea and my soup and I managed to keep from barfing at the sight and thought of the other food around me. Mercifully, I was doing considerably better the next day. The next installment, Positano, my road to recovery, solid foods, and other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment