
Attention Interwebs! I have declared that I will attempt to start running. There are a lot of things working against me (see previous posts about asthma, hives, not being a tremendous athlete to begin with, etc). Plus, for those of you who don't know me in real life, I did some quality time in a wheel chair/crutches for nearly a year. Without getting into too much detail, they had to cut out my fibula for a bone graft in my hip and every time I've tried to run since the operation, I get a lot of pain in my lower leg.
So I am once again going to attempt the "Couch to 5K Plan". I don't have a 5k in mind, but if I can actually get half way through this, I will find a 5k to run. My goal is to get to that 5k level by my 27th birthday in January. I won't be able to start next week because of my business trip, but I will do a test run on Sunday at Town Lake with the Ginger Snap. She's got a case of the chubbies and she's better behaved on the trail than Petey. I will update you on the progress.
4 comments:
You can do it!!
Kelly I am your interwebs training buddy! I will support you in your efforts, as I am also dedicated to get back to my running.
Does your OT think its OK for you to run BTW? LOL just wanted to see how many abbrevs I could use in a comment.
Kelly - you can do it! I HATED running! I started running about 3 years ago on a whim and I am doing my first marathon on Sunday. It's kind of addicting! =) Good luck with the run on Town Lake. That is the best place to start.
Good luck. You have officially inspired me to get to the gym this weekend!
Post a Comment