After my LASIK on Friday Christine and I did some shopping. I am really not a huge shopper, I swear, but both Christine and I have lost so much weight lately, we feel like all our work clothes are baggy and sloppy. I'm slowly trying to rebuild my wardrobe with a few fabulous pieces, but trying not to throw myself in it too fully because honestly, I'm scared about being able to keep the weight off.I originally set out to buy this blazer at JCrew in orange (orange is always in style in Austin, as long as I live here, I consider orange pieces to be timeless), but Christine convinced me that the Iris was a much more flattering/classic color. Dark purple has always been my best color. I cracked myself up completely when trying this on, I came out of the dressing room across from Christine wearing this jacket, with the cream colored ruffle cami under it and had a crack-myself-up-because-I-look-ridiculously-close-to-Austin-Powers-in-this-getup moment. If they'd had it in blue I would have had to go dancing through the store, AP movie intro style. So the cami went back, but I got the jacket.
Since I was suddenly without my orange jacket, I had to get this skirt. This plus my new Banana camisole or perhaps a cream colored sweater set says "I'm a Classy Lady Longhorn Alumnae and this skirt is a subtle reminder of that fact."
Finally, I did cave and buy one ruffle shirt, which will NEVER be worn with the velvet blazer. I justified it because it's light enough that I can wear it in the near future despite the high temperatures (my office is an icebox) to work or on weekends. Same with the blazer.
I think that's all I'm going to do in the way of fall shopping, maybe one more sweater set because I have a 40% off coupon at Banana, but that's it. No more shoppy shoppy until late October which will be to augment my winter wardrobe, and in Texas, we all know how non-essential the winter wardrobe is since it only really can be worn 2 months out of the year.
5 comments:
love all of your finds! super cute!
i don't know, kelly. for a self-proclaimed non-shopper, you certainly do a lot of shopping!! :)
very classy finds! and congrats on your first ruffle shirt purchase. i'm so proud of you kelly!
nice clothes, now where do I find the girls? =P
Beautiful clothes! I am lovin' the fall JCrew line!
Post a Comment